Are you (or have you been) involved in a project providing citizens with access to high-speed broadband internet? Apply for the 2018 European Broadband Awards! All successfully implemented or advanced projects, big or small, rural or urban, private or public and of all technologies may apply for the awards. The application deadline is the 7th of September.
The winners will be announced and awarded at the ceremony on the 19th of November and invited to present the projects at the Broadband Day in Brussels on the 20th of November. The winners will also be featured by the European Commission in the media, at the Digital Single Market website, newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe.
How and when to apply?
Download the application form (xlsx file) and the guide for applicants (PDF file). Carefully read the guide and explanations in the application form. Fill in and submit the application (as xlsx file) via e-mail. The deadline for submitting the applications is the 7th of September 2018, 16:00 CET.
The projects will be awarded in one of the five categories:
1: Innovative models of financing, business and investment
- Projects that applied effective and innovative financing, business or investment models will choose this category.
2: Cost reduction and co-investment in a future proof infrastructure
- Projects that applied measures exploiting the synergies between different infrastructures and strived for cooperation among relevant stakeholders in building and investing in future proof high capacity infrastructure can select this category.
3: Territorial cohesion in rural and remote areas
- Projects with impact on territorial cohesion of rural and remote areas, on sustainable territorial development, competitiveness and better connectivity of territories can apply in this category.
4: Socio-economic impact and affordability
- This category calls for projects that make direct and indirect socio-economic impacts and affect the affordability of services for end-users.
5: Openness and competition
- This is the most suitable category for projects that strived for openness of the infrastructure and creating favourable conditions for competition among retail suppliers.
Further information & support
European Broadband Awards support desk
atene KOM GmbH
Tel: +49 30 6098990 19
Picture credit: atene KOM GmbH