The European Commission extended the application deadline for the European Broadband Awards 2019: European broadband projects (at least 65 percent implemented) can apply for the prizes until 6 September 2019.
The winners will be announced and awarded by the European Commissioners at the ceremony in December and invited to present the projects at the Broadband Day in Brussels. The winners will also be featured by the European Commission in the media, at the Digital Single Market website, the newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe.
How and when to apply?
Download the application form (xlsx file) and the guide for applicants (PDF file). Carefully read the guide and explanations in the application form. Fill in and submit the application (as xlsx file) via e-mail. The deadline for submitting the applications is 6 September 2019, 16:00 CEST.
The projects will apply to and will be awarded in one of the five categories:
1: Innovative models of financing, business and investment
- Projects that applied effective and innovative financing, business or investment models will choose this category.
2: Cost reduction measures and co-investment
- The category is addressed to projects that applied measures exploiting the synergies between different infrastructures and strived for cooperation among relevant stakeholders in building and investing in infrastructure.
3: Socio-economic impact in rural and remote areas
- This category is for projects that have direct and indirect socio-economic impacts and substantially improved connections to and in remote and rural areas.
4: Demand generation and take-up of connectivity
- Projects that implemented measures stimulating the demand side and increasing the take-up of services will apply in this category.
5: Quality and affordability of services
- The category addresses projects focusing on providing high quality and affordable services for end-users.
Further information and support
European Broadband Awards support desk
atene KOM GmbH
Tel: +49 30 6098990 19