Improving Employability through Internationalisation and Collaboration
EPIC is a successor project to COLIBRI (Collaboration and Innovation for Better, Personalized and IT-Supported Teaching), a blended learning class that facilitated innovative teaching approaches in order to improve teaching quality. EPIC aims on improving employability of students by including them into real business projects.
The European job market makes it possible for graduates to work on an international level. In addition to basic knowledge and theory, it is essential to enhance academic training by implementing practical experience and strengthen collaboration between industry and academia.
At least two students from different European universities will be working together on case studies in the form of academic projects, bachelor or master thesises. That way, having support by both academic and industry, they get to know job market’s requirements.
For the project, eight universities and two companies are working together. It is going to be conducted in three annual cycles. Project material will be improved continually by integrating experiences from each period. A specifically setup project website offers information for all stakeholders.
- Improving participant’s employability
- Supporting and strengthening cooperation between industry and academia
- Preparing students for an international job market
- Improving quality and relevance of academic teaching
- Distribution of results
atene KOM responsibilities
- Preparation of teaching materials for academic staff in order to develop problem-based learning approaches and blended training material
- Provision of case studies to work on
- Quality management (chair of quality committee)
University Aalborg (DK)
atene KOM responsibilities:
Quality assurance, Development of teaching materials
2017 – 2020
This Video introduces the EPIC project using footage from the seminar week in Riga, February 2018.