Integrated solutions for smart regions
Many Interreg projects are dealing with “intelligent” spatial and regional development. Examples of this are the CORA und COM³ projects developed and coordinated by atene KOM in the Interreg North Sea Region Programme. An important finding from these projects: Integrated approaches, bringing together different perspectives and sectors, and organizational structures geared towards this are a key success factor for sustainable and “intelligent” regional development.
That is why we are now bringing together projects looking at “smart” regional development from quite different perspectives:
- projects that focus on digital technologies and discuss phenomena such as “data as a service”, “big data” or the “internet of things” as a driver of regional development,
- projects that have a stronger focus on social innovations and on strengthening civil society actors,
- projects focussing on regional economic development and innovation policy, e.g. by supporting regions in implementing regional strategies for smart specialization (RIS3).
The project “Integrated solutions for smart regions“ brings together German representatives of the following 12 Interreg projects for an exchange of experiences on the subject of “integrated solutions for smart regions”:
- BLING (North Sea Region)
- Co2mmunity (Baltic Sea Region)
- COM³ (North Sea Region)
- CORA (North Sea Region)
- Dynaxibility4CE (Central Europe)
- HUPMOBILE (Baltic Sea Region)
- Like! (North Sea Region)
- LOW-CARB (Central Europe)
- LARS (Baltic Sea Region)
- LUCIA (Baltic Sea Region)
- SmartVillages (Alpine Space)
- UrbCulturalPlanning (Baltic Sea Region)
The central question is what constitutes successful integrated strategies for “smart regions” and how these can be implemented.
The goal is to develop a joint position on which funding priorities in the area of “intelligent” regional development are needed in the coming Interreg funding period 2021–2027. In addition to new project ideas, comments on the draft Interreg B cooperation programmes will be developed and recommendations on funding priorities addressed to the German programme actors.
atene KOM responsibilities
atene KOM has developed the project and acts as project manager. We moderate the exchange between the participating 12 Interreg projects, analyse their results and take the lead in developing the recommendations arising from the project.
Federal Programme for Transnational Cooperation
Federal Office for Building and Regional Planning
atene KOM responsibilities:
Project development, project management, leading the analysis of participating projects’ results, conception and lead creation of a results brochure with recommendations addressed to the German Interreg programme actors, moderation of work meetings and exchange formats
09/2020 – 05/2021