In the frame of the FTTH Conference 2019, taking place in Amsterdam from 12 to 14 March 2019, atene KOM GmbH and the FTTH Council Europe are organising the fifth “Governmental Day” Workshop.
The “Governmental Day” Workshop is an initiative that provides an interactive platform for broadband stakeholders in the EU with a strong focus on addressing the challenges of broadband deployment in rural areas that occur for public local and regional authorities. Our approach is not only to inform stakeholders about policy developments at European level, but also to demonstrate possible solutions to given challenges and to facilitate a fruitful exchange in order to create a robust broadband stakeholder community.
We are pleased to offer free passes for the FTTH Conference and exhibition area to participants of our workshop from the public sector.
Workshop at a glance
Digital Single Market: European Commission Policy Update
Broadband policy, initiatives, actions, funding possibilities, e. g.
- Connectivity for a European Gigabit Society
- Electronic Communications Code
- Broadband Europe
- Connecting Europe Broadband Fund
- 5G Action Plan
Planning successful broadband roll-out! Best Practices from European regions
- Winners of the European Broadband Awards 2018 share their experiences.
- BEREC representative speaks about measures and implications for authorities and investors of high-speed infrastructure and services.
Rural digital inclusion in Finland
- Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications gives insights into national broadband achievements, targets and planned actions to close the digital gap.
Mapping the fibre infrastructure roll-out
- Geodata expert presents a spatial data platform for planning, effective implementation and monitoring of infrastructure roll-out with implications for authorities and investors.
Digital inclusion in rural Europe
- Pilot activities in the frame of the EU funded Interreg project “COnnecting Remote Areas with digital infrastructure and services – CORA” are presented.
Dimensions of the rural digital divide: “Knowledge shared is knowledge doubled!”
- All participants are invited to share their own experiences and learn from each other.
Take the opportunity to meet experts, exchange your experiences and learn from fellow broadband stakeholders.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Amsterdam!
Get involved in the fibre summit of the year! The FTTH Council Europe is delighted to announce that the 2019 edition of the FTTH Conference will take place in Amsterdam from 12 to 14 March.
Are you working in a private company or academia? Register here with the special code AMS19P17 and get 20% discount on the all-inclusive conference / exhibition pass, which gives you full access to conference, workshops, the 10 000 sqm exhibition, catering and special conference event Fibration Night, the fibre party of the year!
Join the world’s largest fibre knowledge & networking hub and expo!
With 3 000 participants from 100 countries, the FTTH Conference is the largest meeting place in the world for all broadband stakeholders! Meet top industry leaders and decision makers and get insights from leading experts on broadband and fibre technology, policy and finance.
- Join renowned workshops which will explore the latest fibre-related technological developments, 5G, smart cities and connected homes, SDN, IoT and Artificial Intelligence;
- Follow keynotes delivered by political and industry leaders;
- Listen to C-level discussions on Fibre-5G Convergence, new investment trends and business models;
- Learn from focused discussions on UK and Germany’s path towards a fibre future;
- Find your way through the marketing jungle of fibre advertising
- Attend the launch of latest market data from the FTTH/B Market Panorama… and much more!