Governmental Day Workshop at BBWF 2017 in Berlin
In the framework of the BBWF Conference 2017, atene KOM GmbH organised the “Governmental Day Workshop” on 24 October. Over 100 experts, decision makers and representatives from local, regional and national authorities from Germany and the EU Member States discussed the latest broadband topics from policy measures to local best practices.
The workshop was featured with keynotes from the European Commission, atene KOM GmbH, German Federal Broadband Bureau as well as a panel discussion in the context of current broadband issues in Europe. This was followed by an introduction to the CORA project (COnnecting Remote Areas with digital infrastructure and services) with the focus on bridging the rural digital divide in Europe.
Moderated by Chris Ashe, director at the European Institute for Innovation (EIfI), the workshop was a great success in bringing together stakeholders from all over Europe and developing a common platform to exchange knowledge and experience on broadband initiatives and practices.
The presentations of the workshop are available as pdf downloads in the programme overview below.
Workshop programme and presentations
- Opening remarks – Johannes Feldmann, COO at atene KOM GmbH
- European Commission broadband policy update – Fernando Ferrero, Policy Officer at DG Connect, European Commission
- Broadband funding possibilities
- Connectivity for a European Gigabit Society
- >Download PDF<
- NBPs and network deployment across Europe – Johannes Feldmann, COO at atene KOM GmbH
- Practical measures for local and regional authorities
- Trends and examples from Europe
- >Download PDF<
- The Federal Broadband Bureau Report on the German Funding Programme – Dr. Annette Schumacher, Member of Managing Board at atene KOM GmbH, the German Federal Broadband Bureau
- Broadband Europe – Cooperation of the Broadband Competence Offices in EU28 – Darijus Valiucko, Project Manager at atene KOM GmbH (European Broadband Awards & Broadband Europe)
- Panel – Discussing different aspects of digitalisation in rural Areas – Filip Meuris, Head of department at Intercommunale Leiedal; David Cullen, Director at ITS Technology Group; Dirk Strijker, Professor at faculty of spatial sciences, University of Groningen; Àkos Bóna, Member Board of Directors at Digital Future Foundation
- Exchanging solutions to overcome the digital divide and
- Enhancing the use of digital services in rural Areas
- Introducing the INTERREG NSR Project “CORA – COnnecting Remote Areas with digital Infrastrucutre and services” – Peyman Khodabakhsh, Project Manager at atene KOM GmbH / CORA project developer; Wouter Degadt, Coordinator of e-Government at Intercommunale Leiedal, CORA lead Partner