Mining and Mineral Processing Waste Management Innovation Network
The Min-Novation project dealt with the challenges and potentials of mining and mining industries, particularly with improved access to knowledge, state-of-the-art technologies and best-practices models in the partner countries of the Baltic Sea region.
In addition to the development of innovative solutions, the establishment of regional and transnational Min-innovation networks should enable small and medium-sized companies in the mining and ore processing industry to find an easier way of exchanging information with regional and national universities, research institutions and governmental agencies.
- Organization of a transnational Baltic Min-Novation network for the transfer of knowledge between small and medium-sized enterprises, scientific institutions and governmental authorities
- Establishment of sustainable regional networks in the partner countries to examine the current political requirements for the mining and ore processing industry into the Baltic Sea
- Development of guidelines for measures for economic growth, transfer of technology and sustainable mineral waste management
- Implementation of pilot projects as well as pilot investments related to the recovery of mineral waste in Estonia, Finland and Poland
atene KOM responsibilities
- Project and financial management of a German project partner
- Evaluation of the overall transnational project (work package 6)
- Support for the implementation of the regional Min-Novation network at the German project partner Mansfeld / Süd-Harz
Interreg IV B North Sea Region Programme (2007-2013)
AGH University of Science and Technology (Krakow/Poland)
atene KOM responsibilities:
Project- and financial management; Evaluation
2010 – 2013